Many thanks to all for the clarification on the proof dates, very appreciated.

Dig, I was a bit concerned by the fit in the photos of the rib extension and the rearward bite through the frame....and must admit to not looking for a seam when I looked for any "BFH SMITHING". Is that, with it's current sound lockup what gives this away as a rejoint? The fit "seemed" better in person. Gun has certainly been well used, or at the very least in and out of the case many times as the muzzles have similar engraving bands as the breech ends but are worn very faint on the outboard edges.....and as suspect as the finish looks on the barrels they proved to be suffering only from a) NO finish remaining, and b) some dark spots that don't seem to affect the surface texture.

Greg, I sincerely hope I am not a part of a half of us!! Would pray I am part of a very small minority. In Illinois any antique long gun gets the same background check/paperwork as a modern iron...or so I am told. Either way, I would not be here to take delivery in person, so the $30 I pay to have the FFL down the street to take delivery as opposed to having it sit on my porch all day is worth it for my situation. But yes, still not a good thing in the greater scheme of things.

Best, and thanks,
Mark

Ms. Raven