Thankee George- a true Southern g'entman rises to the cause. Fust off, my Heart has always been in Dixie- I was raised in the Queen City, and Cincinnati OH is a lot more Southern than most Damn Yankees realize. I love Southern ladies, cookin', Lynyrd Skynrd (former HS janitor in 'Bama made famous by Muscle Shoals Van Zandt boys by way o Texas) and I'll gladly piss on the grave of any Michigan bluecoat that put any Southern lady to shame or burned and pillaged their homestead during Sherman's march to Savannah-and I also won a bundle on the recent Crimson Tide show of power, and they will beat the Longhorns- That being said- y'all--

DLH- we shot pigeons this past March- Chuck told me about the PETA buttholes that tried to picket and protest one of his Tower shoots- he won in court and they have most likely learned to go and piss down someone else's back and try to tell 'em that it is raining.

Was I offended by the foto of the "Spread Eagle" deceased redtail, whether Henry or Henrietta? Hell no- I am an avid varmint hunter--and I have left many a woodchcuk hole in a summer alfala field splattered with guts, goo and blood, for the later "midnite snacking" of the Airborne Death Patrol--Owls, Hawks- we have some well fed ones around my digs in the summer months, as I am out after "pasture piggies" almost every night-

BUT- my point, and I recall all the flack RMC got here about a year ago for showing fotos of a 'yote he had shot in the ass end with his 10 bore LeFever Damascus barreled double, and although I applauded his decision and marksmanship, he caught some grief.

The PETA ass holes don't care about the fact, as well documented here, that the foto was taken way before Hawks were protected- to them that is just another sign of the stereotype Joe Six-pack redneck with the big gut, a mouthful of West VA coleslaw (Red Man) killing anything that moves- or "if it flies, it dies"--

My folks lived in the Big Queen City- but as we were all avid hunters and shooters, we had many area farmer friends- The Depression was a tough time, and I don't blame a farmer if he shot a Hawk (or a fox) to protect his brood chcickens that provided eggs and Sunday dinners- any more than I fault the "locals" near our deer camp near Lovells who take a few does untagged- those are the deer we DON'T hit on the roads at night coming back from Micelli's, and as long as they are used to feed their families and not sold to some "downState flatlanders" I have no problem at all.

Sorry (well, somewhat anyway) you misunderstood my postings, I see the gentleman who raised the question changed his foto to delete the deceased Raptor- It is just, to my mind anyway, important that we think twice about what fotos and messages we post on open forums such as we have here (and thanks again George for your comments and our apparent mutual belief in both the First as well as the Second Amendments- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..