If 1924 is a French proof rules adoption watershed (perhaps not the only one?), both of my French doubles are this side of it so maybe I've a got a little better handle on the palms (Charlin) and the arrows (Ideal). And perhaps not so don't anyone rest easy that you won't have to repeat this info another ten times for Mr. Short Term Memory. In either event, many thanks! EDIT: I'll get a pic of the shishkabobs and post, Ted.

JC, I think I've slo got a pretty good handle on the sling disconnect. Got a length of 1/4" steel bar out of the scrap tonite and I have Jeff's drwgs. which you supplied. I've decided to leave the chingus attached to the barstock at the exterior arc that fairs to the opening in the ferrule (another sort of useful handle) and scribe that and cut off and finish after the clevis end is done and the pin fitted. May mock one up at work from soft plastic to get a little better idea how to proceed. I've got an old Rockwell Delta bandsaw with metal cutter reduction so I guess the "milling" is going to be that and files.

jack