I found this thread while looking for information on a T. Woodward spiral spring 12 bore that I picked up a little while back. Mine is in rougher shape than LeFusil's and I'm considering having it fixed up. The metal is in pretty good shape but the stock is a poor replacement and has to go, so no cool extra strikers. The metal forend tip is missing, but the inletting is the same as LeFusil's.
LeFusil,the rib inscription on mine is T. Woodward, Express Gun Works,Birm. and the serial #is 281. On the edge of the locks there is a use number stamped, 832 and 831 I think it was. It has London proofmarks, 13 bore and 14 muzzle on each, and not for ball on both. Would anyone know the approximate date of manufacture? This one doesn't have a doll's head extension. There is more engraving on it as well. This is the first one I've seen. Is that what other Woodwards you have seen looked like? I was also wondering in what regard the spiral spring guns were held back in the day. I'll get some pictures and post them. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Last edited by Northern Bob; 01/10/10 12:32 PM.