Here is the scoop. I used to do gun shows many years ago. In fact I was having 5 tables at the Houston gun show when it was at Astro Hall. At that time there were 2000 plus tables. Folks like Mike Weatherby, Jack Puglisi, Thad Scott, Hershall Chadick, etc came to that show. But like all the shows, sales for us started to dwindle. So those guys started to not come. I started to reduct my tables down to three and later two. Now its very rare tht I set up at a show.You see the same guys going to the show, just looking and talking guns, but very rarely buying. I see on chat boards, lots of guys talking about seeing guns at shows, talking about them, but saying they should of bought or saw this or that, but not saying they bought anything. As a dealer we do not mind setting up at a show if it results in sales and profit. But to travel to a show, incur extra expenses, tie up a weekend working, and have to travel back to where we are from, unpack and put the stuff away and back to work Monday, just to show guns/talk guns to folks for entertainment value, does not work for the folks setting up. ( I still walk guns show and visit with folks I know. Its amazing that the numeber of folks that go to a show and after they pay the 8-10 dolars to get in a a $3.00 coke, they are tapped out)

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971