I have watched the gun show transition from primarily collector venues back in the 60s to high powered dealer dominated events today. I still go but it's more of a social event for me but occasionally I'll find something worth buying.
The character mix stays about the same though. In addition to the the half bag shot guy at full retail is MOM and POP. They generally wear hats like Old Fart and Old Farts Wife. Old Fart is rarely at his table and The Wife is clueless about how to deal on anything.
Then you have the Johnny Come Lately dealer/expert who thinks the Blue Book is some sort of Bible. Everything he sells is priced from it. It's too bad he can't read and and understand these at best these are guidelines and it's what you have accumulateed between your ears that determines real value of what's on your table.
Then there's the Truly Nasty Old Geezer who will growl at you if you have the audacity to question his pricing on anything. He doesn't really want to sell anything anyway and this is just his opportuntity to lord what he has over everyone else.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 02/08/10 08:41 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.