Originally Posted By: oldemagics
forgot to ask so had to edit, anyone have specifics on a "chicago Long Range Wonder"
the owner gave me a "real challenge", solid rust (had a hell of a time breaking it, it was on the "junk" pile for 20-30 years) nothing works, stock is crap, splinter is missing, wil have to find hardware and make a new one and try to match it up...
but it is a 30" damascus double, he will (if i do good) put it in the office to try to sell and i gt the largest portion of price, in the meentime it will be free advertising for me to get more refinish work.

That was a Sears catalog gun. Not one of their better efforts by the way. It was around for some time. They have almost no value today.

Keith, I know you are just starting down this line. I hope you view the comments so far attempts to educate.

One of the things you will learn is when to advise a customer to forget it. Few established in the trade would mess with a Crescent or a Long Range Wonder. It is good practice, I understand that. Everyone starts some where.

Don't consider it as advertising. The audience for these services is national. Do keep up the good effort. Learn as you go. There is no one way of refinishing every receiver or barrel. Make contacts with others in the trade. Many are willing to give advise.

Pete