The only problem I had with my RBL 12 was too much game and not enough shells! It's over seven and yes it does get heavy tromping through the hills of Western PA, but I had my best season ever with this gun. I bought it with 26 inch tubes, double trigger, straight grip and splinter forend. It also has exhibition wood that is really sharp. It has the heavy and thick recoil pad that if I could go back in time I would have traded out for something thinner and lighter.

I looked long and hard for nearly a year at just about every double under the sun from Parkers and Repros to Ithacas and Foxes and a slew of English and Euro guns. In the end I just couldn't pass up a US made, brand-new in the box gun with removable choke tubes and a lifetime of gunning ahead of it. Before I bought my RBL my heart wanted a double with some history and stories behind it, but my head told me to buy something that I can (hopefully) get decades of service out of.
It arrived eight months after ordering and I have been totally pleased with it every time I have gone out (nearly 30 different hunts this year).

I'm also a one-gun man (at least until my next purchase!) so I wanted something as versatile as I possibly could get for my cash. My old Ithaca M37 never left home this year, and it might not until one of my sons need it.