Gunrunner, Jackthedog, and number of other sellers are there to sell every gun in the auction. This is a vastly different approaach then many sellers(?) who really use the auctions as not much more than a medium to advertise. It is true that these sellers are usually working with consignment inventory but they also, to a limited degree, buy. I've followed these sites for a number of years, have been second best bidder a number of times and have been successful occaisonally. GR and JTD give adequate descriptions and if you speak to them on the phone will knowledgeably answer questions. They also ship quickly and do an excellent job of packing. This leads to a loyal buyer base and is why they are successful.

It is also why there offerings bring reasonable to very good prices. I'm sure many on this board are knowledgable buyers and as such can be a little jaded. That is to say, the only deals have to be good deals. GR just ran the estate of a guy whose interest was shotguns. It was a perfect example of how there guns perform. Almost everything was a good deal and almost nothing was a great deal. Well, there were a couple that I wish I'd stayed on.