Originally Posted By: rapidfire
That can happen. I just listed a used Benelli Camo buttstock for a SBE starting at 5 cents two weeks ago. Figured it would sell for at least 75 bucks (price a new one). It sold for the 5 cents. That wasn't a gun of course, but bottom line is it take 2 at least to bid something up when auctions start at 1 cent. PS. I don't think that would happen with any Parker, Fox, Ithaca, etc. Parts fall into a totally different category for sure.

$.o1 auctions are for sellers who get the guns and gun parts they have listed from consignors and have no cost invested.
When you pay for something, like your SBE stock, a reserve of $75 would have been the way to go. You must remember that anyone really wanting to buy a SBE stock may take weeks to even find your listing, so a reserve keeps it active until enough buyers can locate your item so you can at least get a fair shot of recovering at least a fraction of your cost in the item.
As it is, it could be very likely your SBE stock will show up again for sale by your buyer at starting bid of $75 and that will make you feel a little cheated.

You are indeed correct. However, I had nothing in the stock. It had been setting in a closet for probably 15 years. I mistakenly thought there might be a demand. Guessing there isn't much need for replacement SBE stocks, because they are just about indestructible.

foxes rule