Hey Guys: I saw a beautiful custom .270 Mauser over the weekend. It had all the outward indications of a pre-war gun. Stock styling very similar to R.G. Owens Fleur de lys style [not arrowheads] checkering 32 l.p.i. and stock styling in beautiful hardshell French Walnut. Real ebony wood forearm tip and steel grip cap. Silver's recoil pad. Redfield Jr. pre war 7/8 in. mounts with pre-war Lyman ALASKAN. The giveaway is the action is a 1950 F.N. and the owner said under the barrel, the only hint to the maker are the initials T.P.C. and the date 1.1.51. Can anyone think of a master rifle maker [the stock was cut from a stick of French Walnut not machine made] from possibly the Colorado area, as that is where the rifle was purchased 4 years ago. I guess it could have been whomever barreled the action but I would think he would not have DATED A BARRELING. The rifle has plenty of honest wear but lovingly cared for. I had no camera that day and neither did he. He is an older fellow [so am I] but I am 58 and he is 76 and not technically savy, he has a Polaroid instant camera, they no longer make film for. So no photos available right now. TPC... who could it have been in 1951? Thanks Jerry

The Sons of Alvin Linden