My NID is a good reliable workhorse traditional double. I don't pretend this gun is a Purdy or Holland & Holland or any of the nice Italian doubles. It's an Ithica NID. If you can pick one up for +/- $500 to $1,000, it sure beats the heck out of paying the same money for a new 870 etc.
I recently had the chance to shoot a Maxus. A brand new line that is a Sporting Clays edition with the most beautiful grade of wood I have ever seen on an autoloader. It was the only one in this country. This was a really nice shooting gun, but I do not want to hijack this thread so I apologize for getting side tracked.

Originally Posted By: clampdaddy
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Hope you can hit anything with it...the stock dimensions look kinda sad.

I'm by no means a great shot but I'm lucky in that I can pick up most any shotgun and shoot it as mediocrely well as any other...except for one. My Browning Maxus. I bought it last duck season and I can break clay all day with it but I've had a heckuva time with it while hunting. Shimmed the stock and I still shoot high unless I have time to mount the gun and get the barrel lined up before the shot.