Guys: Thought I would report back, that it has now been a week and my rifle is luckily o.k. After I posted last week, there were a few spots I missed or didn't remove all the way, but a day later I went over them again with Renaisance Wax [Museum Quality made in England] and they came right out! Whew... that was close! While I'm issuing warnings I may, as we say in the South...GO WHOLE HOG! Do not get WIPE OUT COPPER REMOVER FOAM CLEANER anywhere near any of the old type laquer/varnish/oil based stock finishes!!!!!! If you do, it will immediately cause a hardshell stock finish 70 years old to soften... gum and roll under your fingers. The blue copper wash from the barrel if it drains out and down through the magazine well onto the stock, will stain the wood and cannot be sanded out. REMOVE THE BARRELED ACTION FROM THE STOCK, WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT WITH VINTAGE GUNS [It SUPPOSEDLY does not affect MODERN STOCK FINISHES]...REMOVE THE ACTION...THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS...TILTING THE RIFLE PER THE INSTRUCTIONS IS BULL****. The foam expands at such a rapid rate it cannot be controlled, not to expand backwards into the magazine well! This happened not to me but to my gunsmith, and he had to refinish a SEDGLEY at his expense! Just be aware...a word again of warning!!!

The Sons of Alvin Linden