Originally Posted By: italiansxs
We need to start taking our Country back and the only way we can do it is ONE STEP AT A TIME! Go and VOTE in November. Jim

I agree. But I see a problem, not necessarily this November with the helter-skelter congressional races and disorganized Tea Party, but two years hence, if the Republican party doesn't have some charismatic face-man step in front of the mob, capture the spirit of the times, and make it a well-organized parade.

The Republican National Committee has become a non-entity, exercising no cohesion or leadership: Does anybody even know who runs the RNC office on the hill? My daughter worked for the RNC during Frank Fahrenkopf's and Lee Atwater's leadership, during the Reagan and Bush Sr. years. The Republican leadership was then page-one news, because they had something to offer. Sarah is a poison pill, who is about as unelectable as Rush Limbaugh. Where is Newt and a latter-day Contract With America? It's one thing to be against the current state of affairs, but quite another to construct a national party platform based solely on not being BHO.

"ONE STEP AT A TIME" may be the charm this November, and we can only hope that Republicans get control of both houses, which will put a stop to the economic madness (like during the Clinton administration). But for a veto-proof majority in both houses to put the genie back in the bottle: Don't hold your "baited" breath. The real question will be answered after the up-coming elections: Is there an electable leader of the Republican party who can strike a responsive chord with the greater number of those not happy with the present state of affairs, while not pandering to the one-topic voters who have their heads where the sun doesn't shine?

Investigation continues. EDM

EDM