I've purchased 8 shotguns from Cabela's Gun library in St. Louis, but none from their web site. I've been pleased with each one.

Some of their shotguns are indeed overpriced, but it is easy to just ignore those. In a few instances, I've bought guns that had lived in their showcase for a year or so, by offering a much lower price. After the sales person discussed it with their manager, they sometimes accepted my offer. As long as you do so politely, they don't seem to be offended by the lower bids. Sometime they accept, sometime they do not.

Most of the longgun Gun Library showcases in St. Louis are not locked, and one can easily examine the merchandise. The pistols are locked up.

One friend bought a used Guerini from the Gun Library, and the buttstock broke the first day it was fired. Cabela's sent it back to Guerini, and it returned with a new, and fancier, buttstock at no cost to my friend.

Another friend bought a high grade older American classic,and encountered a trigger problem. Cabela's tried to have it repaired locally, and that didn't work, so they refunded his money.

Generally, I have been quite happy dealing with the local Cabela's Gun Library, and think I've made several decent purchases.

Jerry Goldstein
St. Louis, MO