Originally Posted By: ZZ Flyer
I don't disagree with some of the thoughts expressed about how to grow the Vintage Cup, but it appears some folks have the wrong idea about it being a "Vintager" event. The Vintagers organization may be a non-profit organization, but the Vintage Cup is not owned by the Vintagers Organization. It is a for-profit venture owned by Ray Poudrier (and others perhaps, I don't know) and he can do what he wishes with it. It is of course promoted as an event to be appealing to Vintager members. I was also under the misapprehension that the two were connected until Ray set me straight a couple of years ago. The only formal connection is Ray himself.

Personally, I enjoy the event very much, and intend to go as long as it is held, and don't think it needs to be a huge extravaganza to be successful.

I'm really reluctant to comment because I don't know the facts, but the "formal" connection is the stated nonprofit Vintager website largely dedicated to promoting and registering people for the event, with checks made out and sent to the Vintagers.

Let's hope your information is wrong for a number of reasons.

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco