Originally Posted By: eightbore
George, what issue of G&G?

EDM here: Bill, Garden & Gun is the coolest magazine to hit the newsstands recently. It's a lifestyle rag, somewhat like the Virginia Sportsman, where it's not just repeat excursions to South America to kill thousands of pigeons, but there are articles that interrelate with the bird-hunting lifestyle such like good restaurants and the ambiance of country living.

I first ran across Garden & Gun last winter when Nancy, ParkerDog, and I were camped out in the R/V at Apalachacola FL. I picked up a recent issue in the quaint bookstore; it not only had articles to spark my interest in double guns and bird hunting, but Nancy enjoyed the articles more within her areas interest, plus there was an article about the best oyster houses that we were frequenting on the Gulf Coast and several were in Apalach!

Suffice it to say that Garden & Gun is a breath of fresh air after all the same-old same-old rehashed time-and-time-again SSM and DGJ stuff.

The Virginia Sportsman supports the Vintage Cup and hands out copies of their magazine; if you didn't get one or more recent issues gratis, you missed out on some good reading that your spouse would also enjoy.

While on new and fresh reading material, anyone with the slightest interest in fishing with a fly should pick up a copy of The Drake. This is hands down the gonzo skate-boarding BMXing, ski-bum, trout-bum, fly fishing magazine of the 21st century. EDM

EDM