Originally Posted By: HOS
Sorry to rain on this parade, but...I cancelled my subscription.

I've always wondered how one goes about canceling his subscription.

Does this, of necessity, involve an irate letter to the editor? Or can it be done by phone, or e-mail?

If they keep sending the offensive rag; what next?

Did you get your money back, prorated? Or were you able to return the previously received issues to get a full refund?

Oh! By the way, did the American Rifleman article state whether the NRA was going to actually pay for the ad, or simply expected to get it gratis because Garden & Gun seems to be of the symbiotic gun-loving genre? There is an awful lot of free back-and-forth advertising and cross promotion in the gun magazine business. The possibility that Garden and Gun may not have seen any quid pro quo in the American Rifleman ad could imply that G&G respectfully declined to make a donation.

There was a time during Ron's tenure with the PGCA that Dan Cote respectfully declined to keep giving free DGJ ad space to an organization with $100K in the bank; Dan said he wanted to allocate the gratis space to start-up collector groups like the LCS, Lefever, and Fox guys. This did not make the DGJ anti-PGCA. I wonder what the real and complete back-story is on the NRA being "refused" (paid?) advertising in an otherwise gun-friendly magazine. EDM

EDM