Originally Posted By: DAM16SXS
I thought Ed sold all of his Parkers and Parker related stuff a year ago? Guess I was wrong.

I sold all the collector guns like the NIB Trojan and 98% cc VHE Skeet 20-bore. The AAH found a new owner at the Vintage Cup with the help of Ivory Beads. Most of the memorabilia and ephemera is in the hands of the next generation of double-gun people who appreciate such things.

The gun that I'm carrying is my 1927 GH 7 1/2-pound 12-bore "Old Reliable" with Miller SST, 30-inch F&F, straight grip, and Hawkins pad. I bought it from HC in the early 1990s and it has served me well. Another HC gun I still have is my 1936 VHE 6 pound 15 oz.12-bore Skeet for close-up work, and a 90% Trojan 12-bore for my son to use when he flies in from VA to bird hunt. And then there's the C-grade Parker SBT that was given to me two years ago by a retired doctor from out West who I have never met; he called and said that had my read books and he "...recognized the great passion I have for Parker guns, and wanted me to have it." Wow! This don't happen very often! Anyway, four Parkers are enough for me at this time of my life. They are not for sale; I expect to die owning them.

I'll be 70 in December; ParkerDog will be 10 in January (70 people years). We're getting long in tooth, which makes a day in the field chasing long-tails and breaking clays out behind the barn with a guest like PeteM even more special. Pete brought an interesting Meriden Aubury with chain Damascus barrels. Truth be told, we both scored more clays with my GH, but probably because of the "home field advantage." Wink! wink!

As to the Mooseaboo, it is not a carriboose. Notice that the moose antler is on the right side, a dead giveaway. A carriboose has the moose antler on the left. EDM

EDM