Marrikai, The purdey thumbhole action was abandoned very soon after the apearance of the toplever. a thumbhole ejector gun would be very unusual. I do however, have a Purdey hammer ejector that was made for the Earl of Pourtsmouth in 1904. It is numbered 8 on the toplever so it wouldn't ger mixed up with all the others. It is light and fast, but choked a bit too tight for our ruffed grouse. It would be good for driven, or our Western phesants. It was rebarreled in the 20's by Bate of Birmingham.

Rocketman and Dennis, It is good to see that some great guns still get out into the field. I believe that is the first Lancaster thumblever I have seen. I have never used a Woodward Automatic but I'm sure they are wonderful.

I find the underlever system to be very efficent. At last years Vintage Cup stalking rifle competition I was able to fire 6 aimed shots with a Ruger #1 single shot in 16 seconds. I was only able to do 18 seconds with a toplever ejector double. I like the push underlever so well that I am thinking of having a Searcy underlever double made. I also like the clean top these actions have.

All the best, Mal