Hi All:

Thank you so much for the replies! I do have some comments and questions.

The only load that is "low is made with with a Federal hulls. Where will find these shells?

I have my Mec set up to throw 16.6 grains of Unique behind 7/8 oz. of shot. This has been my go to skeet load for many years. I have no idea as to what the pressure of this load is. It makes perfect loads in an AA hull. I will research it and see if it is low enough for the Davis.

I have no idea as of how to measure the size of a chamber. I can drop a 2 3/4" shell int the chamber with ease but does this mean it is a 2 3/4" chamber? Perhaps I am entering the forcing cone of a 2 1/2" chamber thinking that I do indeed have a 2 3/4" chamber. Any suggestions as of how I may check the chamber depth of a shotgun?

The shells that came with the gun are marked Remington 2 3/4" 3 11/8 6. I have been using them for pheasant hunting in my Franch 48AL with great success. I asked the uncle as to how may of those shell that he had fired in that gun and he replied about a box. At age 95, he may have forgotten about a few other boxes.

Larry: You mentioned that the gun may not have been designed for "high" pressures. What can you tell me about this? Is it due to weaker materials and/or less than a strong design? Any information that you may be able to offer will be greatly appreciated. I tried to get a definition of "low" pressure but I could not get a quantitative number. Any numbers as to what constitutes a low pressure?

Well enough for now. Thanks again for all of the replies.

Franchi