Originally Posted By: Geno
For God sake stop these silly talks!
What's so silly about History- and trying to learn more, even from tyrants like Pancho Villa- his men did unspeakable atrocities against the civilians at Ft. Bliss=--And Woody Wilson finally had enough-so he order Gen. Pershing to capture- dead or alive, Pancho Villa and his banditos band--

George- great history- as my late great-uncle Francis Lucas Adams was also a First Lt. in the 11th- and along with Patton, went in to seek Pancho and his bad news bandits-- As Commissioned Officers purchased their own sword, sidearm and dress uniforms, I inherited his issue flap holster and he carried a 1878 Colt .45 Peacemaker-and used it too- he was promoted to Captain in 1917, re-assigned to the Rainbow Div. lead by Gen. Pershing--saw heavy action in WW1- I also have his 1911 .45 Colt and holster, Sam Browne belt and Oak leaves- he returned with two Lugers and a Kraut sawtoothed bayonet from captured German soldiers- the Lugers from Offizeren-- they had standing orders to shoot any German caught with a sawtooth bayonet on his Mauser-and they did-

Back to Goering-- at the early onset of WW11 in Europe- and after all the practice his Luftwaffe had in Spain with their Stukas assisting Franco- Germany could have dominated the entire air ops. in all of Europe-- due to many erros, mainly caused by supreme egos getting in their way, both Hitler and Goering failed- or else we would be eating sauerkraut "schiesse-kuchen" on a regular and steady basis-- Prosit!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..