I picked up a '95 Winchester. cal 30-06. Obviously restocked, but marked by J(ohn) Oberlies. American walnut wood with figure done in the factory style, checkering, forend tip insert etc.
There's what appears to be Winchester (Super Grade?) sling swivels fitted. The inside of the loops measure just over 1 1/4".
The front is fitted on the barrel to the base shown,,the rear on a small base screwed into the wood.

My question is,,are the bases something the gunsmith made up to fit and use on this rifle,,or are they of commercial mfg?

The rifle (stock) is marked by Oberlies under the Winchester checkered steel butt plate.
The rifle has been polished and rust blued at some point. Not a real bad job as the markings are still visable and the corners are still there but it will definetly benefit from a do-over. Someone has replaced the front site with a glow-bead front sight demanding the rear sight be filed lower(!) to sight it in. I will take care of that also.

Bore is perfect and nothing else was done/damaged on the rifle thankfully. I bought it for very reasonable price as an orphaned reblued, restocked 95.

I'm very happy with a John Oberlies marked rifle that needs a bit of work to the metal.
I'll get an over all pic as soon as I can, daylite and weather permitting.