Nice rifle! I'm not enamored with the comb, but...

Was dinking around with the camera today and took a pic of the barrel drawing for a custom Krag I'll be working on later this year. It is fullscale and a bit difficult to see in the pic. This barrel has already been made by Ralf Martini with integral full length rib, and front sight base. It is octagon to round with an overall length of 25" with a 9" octagon section. I designed it closely following an orginal Mauser sporter barrel from about 1910. It is quite light-weight and at the metalsmith Ed LaPour's being fit and chambered .30-40 to a 1898 Krag action.

The rifle is being built on commission for a very serious Krag guy who is NOT named Mark.

The action will also have a front guard screw and be fit for bolt handle to action contact. The rifle will have a cocking-piece rear sight, no scope and be stocked in a Germanic style in English walnut, with rounded grip and stock panels. It may have a keyed forend with two-screw wedge plates?

I'll will do making a fullscale drawing of the rifle in the near future and be posting pix on my website as it progresses.