twice in the apst two weeks I sold guns on Gunbroker. Customers bid, won sent funds. got the guns, love them and then complained about the shipping. Feel they are paying a shipping premium. of course they seem to always be able to ship for less; at least thats what they always say. I use new, custom made boxes with sleeves, these cost money (but not for them it seems) and they want refunds on shipping.
My terms are spelled out. I list with flat rate shipping. I dont have the time to go back and forth, checking zip codes, packing and weighing before i get funds and all the attendant things preparing a sale. I use USPS, not UPS.
Bottom line is that the terms are spelled out in plain english. Why dont people read the terms prior to bidding?
I charge 35.00 - 39.00 Flat rate by USPS . This includes new box with sleeve, bubble wrap, packing materials etc. For double guns, the boxes have seperate packing for barrels , etc. all sized apprpriately for break down guns and long guns.

I even had a guy tell me I didnt use new boxes because 1. they were made several years ago ( i buy in quantity and it takes osme time to use them up, not including the 18 months i was ogne and clsoed due to deployment) and becuase they werent marked by the mabufacturer as "GUN or FIRARM on the end of the box. had a non gun part number???

I know there are horror stories for both sides on this. i can tell you about all of the guys who hosed me out of 4-5 bucks by sending short amount, intentionally. How do you make a money order out for 700.00 when it says 705.00 on the invoice. "Oh gee, I didnt realize" they say. Or they take 4 weeks to pay. Or they back out of the sale and dont have the courtesy to email you.
Do you know how many guys have won guns and after the auction had their truck stolen, wrecked or hit a deer and cant pay this past year??? Why bid. And on top of that they then buy other guns at the same time. The beauty of watching their feedback.
I had that happen, I bought a high dollar Fox form a poster here (who shall remain namelss) The stock was messed up in shipment. hi told him I didnt want it and he refused to take back. siad he didnt have th emoney. after weeks of BS , I had to take a settlement from him , because I figured I wouldnt get anything any other way; and then in the interim he bought three doubles from other Gunbroker sellers for well over what I paid for the one gun. Didnt have the cash to pay me but did to buy other guns??!!
or I hear " I'll send it right out and they never do but I sent the gun anyway.
Hell, I have even offered to take the gun back but I wont be held hostage on my feedback for 5-10 dollars.
The act of placing a bid is agreeing to the listed terms.
Am I out of whack on this here or what?

Last edited by Brian; 03/08/11 11:45 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member