Figures I'd be late to the party. My shipping rates (I sell on Gunbroker) is in two categories, lower 48 and Alaska, Hawaii. I used to charge $30 and $40 respectively. I recently upped that to $40 and $50 (because I was losing money) and that is USPS Registered Mail insured for the full amount because they take better care of the gun when its sent registered no doubt. It also allows me to track it on line and know when its delivered. I could no doubt ship it regular slow mail USPS and insured, but I just like the security of Registered Mail and so do the folks I've shipped to. PS. If I was shipping a lighter gun, ( 5 lb .22 rifle for example) I drop my rates by $5.00 because it costs me less. FWIW, If I ship to California I almost always lose on the shipping by a few bucks. If I ship to Pa, I'm ahead a bit. this isn't an exact science for shipping. Over here at USPS, the rates are based not only on weight, but on the size of the package as well as where its being shipped to. Too much to figure out in my little pea brain so I try to keep things simple. If anyone wants to know my posting name on GB, send me a PM and I'll provide it to you.

foxes rule