I guess I've always been lucking because I never had a negative experience selling guns online.... UNTIL JUST A COUPLE DAYS AGO.

Earlier this week, I sold a hammer gun on Gunbroker to a buyer that had never dealt online before (no feedback). We spoke and emailed several times and everything was going just fine. Then, out of the blue, I get a call from the buyer saying he's going to back out of the deal because he was "worried" about a few things. His first complaint was that I was't a dealer. I never claimed to be one so I don't know why he assumed that in the first place. I guess that 100% positive feedback means nothing and that an FFL would have made me a more "legitimate" seller. Second, he complained that I requested the FFL license copy be emailed (even though I told him a faxed copy was fine). For some reason unknown to me, that "scared" him. He was also worried by the fact that I sent him my mailing address for him to send payment to. He wanted my physical address so he could have my "real" address.... but he never asked for it nor did he need to. Had he cared to look, he would have found my street address on the Gunbroker site.

It's irritating that some people come up with some many dumb reasons to back out of a deal. If you don't want the gun, save the stupid excuses, and just say so.

Adam