Originally Posted By: arrieta2
Brian:

You said its right in there regulations tht they do not pay a clain over $1000. I can not find this where do you see it. Is it on their website?

John

Here is my previous post with the info fromt ehir website.
Look at the section on items of extraordinary value.
UPS plays the same game.

I use USPS. Heres why,
1. they have (knock wood) bever lost a gun on me or anything else that matter.
2. I dont have to pay USPS for the right to give them business like you do as a regular daily pick up UPS account.
3. UPS and FEDEX do not pay over 1000 of value on any used gun. Dont believe me, ask them. It doesnt matter if they sold you 10 grand in insurance on your double when you shipped with them. if it get brolken or lost, they limit themsleves to 1000.00. I know, I have had that happen to me personally. I made all the calls. threatened lawsuit etc.

here is what it says on their website: http://fedex.com/cn_english/services/scc.html

Declared Value Limits

1) FedEx Letter / FedEx Envelope / FedEx Pak

The maximum declared value for customs and carriage for a shipment using a FedEx Letter, FedEx Envelope or a FedEx Pak is US$100.00. Regardless of whether you declare a value for carriage exceeding US$100.00 for a FedEx Letter, a FedEx Envelope or a FedEx Pak, FedEx's maximum liability for any claim is limited to US$100.00.

2) Shipments of Extraordinary Value

Shipments containing any of the following items of extraordinary value are limited to a maximum declared value for carriage of US$1,000 per shipment or US$20 per kilogram, whichever is greater. Our maximum liability for any claim for such item is US$1,000 per shipment or 19 Special Drawing Rights ("SDR") per kg, whichever is greater. The conversion to local currency uses the exchange rate published by the International Monetary Fund.

Artwork
Antiques
Glassware
Jewelry including watches and gems
Precious metals Furs
Ostrich and emu eggs
Collector’s items
Film, photographic images Guitar and other Musical instruments that are more than 20 years old
Stocks, bonds, cash letters or cash equivalents Any commodity that by its inherent nature is particularly susceptible to damage, or the market value of which is particularly variable or difficult to ascertain

* Full description of the above Items of Extraordinary Value are set out in the Conditions of Carriage

FEDEX considers firearms as collectables and as commodities.So, for all of you who ship FEDEX and think you are protected. Yo have been giving FEDEX lots of insurance rpemiums for insurance you will never collect on. And they will sell it you and not say a word.

Last edited by Brian; 03/18/11 10:06 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member