REPLY TO...

"I would love to know how jerrys dealer thinks eliminating 03 FFL's (and Kalif) is only a "small percentage" of his business"As he is does not take them how would he know ?"[/quote]

My dealer mostly sells new guns to locals, and is not very active in the used gun marketplace. For a few of his regular customers he will accept or ship a gun bought or sold on one of the on-line auctions. Big deal, he makes $15 or $25. California sales would be an infinitely small portion of his revenue, as would C&R transactions.

Another local gun dealer, even larger in size, will accept incoming "auction-gun-transactions", but will not ship any guns outbound, for anyone.

In both instances, these dealers have a satisfactory local clientle, and aren't willing to "take the risk" (perceived, if not actual) of shipping to a C&R or California dealer.

Perhaps if my livelihood, and my family's well-being, was solely derived from a gunshop, I might feel the same way, VERY CAUTIOUS! Its quite easy for someone on this board to postulate on how someone else should run their business, and what level of risks they should take. I'm a banker, and we don't cash checks for non-customers.

jerry6stl

Last edited by jerry66stl; 03/25/11 01:11 PM.