Unfortunately for some it is well above $25.

I am not a dealer, manufacturer, repairer, only a simple collector. I have sold exactly one gun, and that was because it was worse than described, but somebody else wanted it and it was simpler to sell than fight about returning it.

In order to collect antique guns I went through the BATF and got a 03FFL (C&R). It was no big deal since I am not a criminal. I did the same thing in order to drive a car. I passed all of the requirements and got a legal license to do so.

However, I expect that I should be allowed to drive a car anywhere in the US as long as my drivers license is valid. There are Federal laws which mandate that my license has to be recognized in all states. No local LEO who doesn't believe Hawaii is one of the United States can deny me the right to drive. That has never happened to me, but I have been asked for my passport at airports for a domestic flight when a valid drivers license is all that is necessary.

I look at my 03 FFL in the same manner. I went though the vetting process and the US Government has granted me the right to purchase a C&R eligible gun without having to pay a fee to anyone. A 01 FFL who doesn't recognize that is no different than the LEO who would haul me in for driving on a Hawaii license, or the airport attendent who would not let me board a plane.

Last edited by DrBob; 03/28/11 12:26 AM.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com