Originally Posted By: Chuck H
Where do the finest guns in the world come from today?

I realize this will be an opinionated response, but is London long past its prime? Ferlach? Pictures always make a discussion like this better/more entertaining.

Regards
Chuck

To get back to the question posed:

It has not been my experience that London ever had a strangle hold on the "best gun" thing, either in numbers or uniqueness. There may have been a cache in the anglophile Empire thing but the guns themselves were certainly nothing special. Beautiful guns were made many places.

These days it would seem that the Italians have a pre-eminent position not only by number of gunmakers but the incredible quality of the products. Just as one has never stood alone, they do not now - but it would take some real doing for anyone to be better.

Even when it comes to making machines of most any kind, the Italians have a sense of line and style that is unequaled currently: toasters, coffee makers, cars, lathes, you name it they can make it prettier AWA functional.

Altho I admit that Marelli and Lucas can still meet anyone's expectations no matter how low they are.

HTH
have a day
Dr.WtS

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 05/22/11 11:47 PM.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription