I recently hit the 70 mark. I thought it would be a water shed event but it was just another Tuesday. My wife "retired" from her law career ten years ago due to her ever invasive Parkinson's disease so I decided to join her. We've had 6 or 7 good years since then but the last few have been harder. When I stopped making the big bucks I moved all my retirement $$ into things that were very low risk and insured when possible. After all, if things took a nose dive I had no way to make it up. I decided then that I would also start to "use up" all my toys .... so they came out of the safe and into everyday use. The more I use them the less I have the need to acquire more. I have also been giving some away .... to my children and extended family. I am hoping that when I go toes up everything will be gone. (It's hard to decide what I'll keep for last ..... nothing grand ..... my old NID and the Omega I wore in S.E. Asia I think).

Last year two of my Army buddies died ..... After what they went through it's ironic that both had heart attacks while doing nothing more strenuous than pressing the remote. I think that event, more than anything renewed my promise to myself to try to fill up every day. These days I still do some consulting and have been lucky enough to have some six figure paydays. So far I've been able to pay Uncle Sam and give the rest to the kids ..... After all, why should they have to wait ..... and why should I?

Al