First I have found many of the clerks in the Gunrooms to be about a five watt bulb level of illuminations on gun matters not about black guns or imported semi-autos. This time of year is more fishing than hunting at Cabelas. Call it the off season for used doubles.

Now when you want to talk about money and the economy that is another issue. In my area the recovery is very shallow and very weak. We are making the same amount of stuff just seven million less people are getting paid to do it.

I would like to point out that the employments best decrease in a month was the month the Government changes how they defined the unemployed. Those who have been out of work and were not actively looking for work but who were still getting unemployment checks were declared not really unemployed. That allowed the government to stop counting them as unemployed but they did still send them their unemployment checks for not being really unemployed. Kind of like the old Monty Python scene where the person was not entirely dead but was mostly dead.

I know that banks have more homes than they ever dreamed of having in their worst nightmare. Soon Banks will be spending real money on upkeep of repos that they can not sell. My bank is trying to get tax assessments reduced because they are having to pay real estate taxes on homes they can not sell. This glut is a major problem. This is depressing other home sale values in my area by about 25-30%. Then if the market does recover they will have another round of foreclosures to work through. My bank has stopped foreclosing in all but extreme cases. Until home values return and the glut of used homes sells this economy will never recover. Welcome to change.