I find this discussion interesting because, for about a year now, I've been in the market for a Brit gamegun. Because I'm a working stiff with a low marginal tax rate, my choices are limited to simple boxlocks -- probably a 12 because, inch for inch, they're cheaper. That's OK. I've never cared for the thought of carrying a gun in the grouse woods with ornate wood and carving that look like they belong in the drawing room or library of the country manor home of a House of Lords member, circa 1910.

So riddle me this: If the market is blotto, why is it that the asking prices of these guns in the various online venues we all haunt never change? Same guns, time after time, relisted at the same old prices. Presumably because the "auction" sites (they are almost never truly auctions, of course) charge no listing fee, so what does a seller have to lose?

What happened to the vaunted principle of supply and demand? I've been involved in several hobby interests over the years. Let's define "hobby interests" here as activities that involve stuff that nobody needs to buy to live. Stamp collecting, fly fishing with old bamboo fly rods, growing african violets, collecting old weather vanes, or shooting vintage shotguns are all hobby interests under this definition.

I know that there are sellers at this website, including possibly one or two who have contributed to this thread. Please understand that I am not a troll and honestly do not want to offend anyone. Nobody else works for nothing, so why should you? People are free to do business any way they want. But I have never encountered more obdurate (a kind word for pig-headed, I guess) dealers in any other hobby interest I've indulged in than I have in the one under discussion here. It as if the law of supply and demand doesn't apply. There's an old saying about business that goes something like this: It all comes down to a simple question. Which do you prefer, a quick nickel or a slow dime? In the doublegun biz, there seems to be a lot of guys who are tolerant of, not just slow dimes, but very sloooow dimes.

Just my 2 cents. There are people here who forget more in their sleep every night about these guns than I know and I will happily be educated or stand corrected.