"Collectible" guns are still selling well -- in the case of British guns, say, small bores, big bores and original-condition best guns from the very best London makers. These are investment grade guns.

I think there is a glut of ordinary 12-ga guns (bog-standard boxlocks, well-used sidelocks, Spanish guns, production O/Us, etc.) on the market, and for them it is indeed a buyers market.

Anecdotally, the market appears well saturated: at the side-by-side shows I see the same folks every year, only fewer of them and older with each passing year. I would suggest bird hunting -- which would drive the game-gun market -- is also facing major problems -- bobwhites are essentially recreationally extinct in the Southeast, quail pops are crashing in Texas, the Midwest has got pheasant problems in some states, the Northeast is more crowded with houses in old coverts every year, the list goes sadly on. The few young folks I see coming into shooting, in this neck of the woods anyhow, are duck hunters and they all to a man use modern autoloaders, which are very very good. (Does anyone know of states where resident small-game license sales are increasing?)

To get back to the original question, there are plenty of bargains to be had -- but you may need to bargain for them.