I have had French Brittany Spaniels for eight or ten years. Setters and Pointers before that. My French Brittanys are registered in both the United Kennel Club and in the American Kennel Club.

I currently have four. They put on a little weight in the off season but their fighting weigts are 27, 31, 33 and 35 pounds. Depending on the mood of the Alpha Mammal she lets between one and four live in the house with us.

I mainly hunt Bobwhite with them. Hit about 50 or 60 days a season. I also field trial them in NSTRA. They win sometimes. They were almost all natural pointers, backers, and retrievers. I have called them "Out of the box hunters" meaning the same way you go and get a new Browning Citori and take it out of the box and shoot it. Little more to it than that but those instincts are all there.

They do have two speeds. A hunting speed and a sleepy laid back house speed. "Demons in the field and angels in the house" is the propaganda the breeders put out. We have had a total of seven French Brittanys.

They stay in site in the field. The Setters and English Pointers I had before would only willingly look for dead or wounded birds for about 45 seconds. The French Brittanys are avid dead and wounded hunters. Not as good as a Lab but much better than any other pointing dogs I have had.

I guess you can tell I like mine.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 08/22/11 07:17 AM.

I am glad to be here.