The hair bunnies on your floor are just visual evidence you haven't vacummed recently enough. They perform a useful service by rounding up all the dust into convenient piles. And people without dogs have bunnies too. Where do you think that hair shed from your back goes?

I have had several GSPs, Vizsla, several other non sporting breeds and now a French Brittany. The GSPs are nice dogs, high energy and the hair is a pain. Vizsla is a sweet heart, but really takes a soft hand to train, and rather spooky about gunfire. The French Brittany is by far the easiest to train of all the dogs I have encountered, really good around the house, travels all over the country with us, brushed frequently hair is not a major issue. The only really long hair on them is the feathers on legs and ears which an be cut back for hunting season. Only negative I have with her is they have the most penetrating bark of any dog I have heard, and it just rattles my bars when she sounds off. Also none of the commercial boots I have found are small enough for her and in most of the west that is a problem with cactus and foxspurs. A man with one or two of them out front has a regular bird vacuum cleaner going. I have never lost a downed bird with my French Brittany along. She just doesn't quit them and that is saying something on Gambels and Scaled quail.

Last edited by Jerry V Lape; 08/23/11 04:55 PM.