Sharing some photo's of a Chas. Lancaster "body action" gun, built in 1894. This gun was built using F. Beesley patents 425 & 14488 of 1884 and H.A.A. Thorns patent of 7242 of 1894, among other contributors like T. Perkes patent ejectors. The gun is #1 of a pair, self opener, sports 30" fine english damascus barrels, weighs 6.5 lbs.

When I first acquired the gun...both bottom and top ribs had popped loose, the barrels were off the face and there were a couple minor mechanical issues and cosmetic annoyances to deal with.

The gun has been gone, undergoing repairs for no less than 9 months. The work was pretty extensive. Relyaing both ribs, rebrowning, making of new pins and screws, engraving touched up, strip and clean, timing the ejectors, putting the barrels back on the face, adjusting the locking bolt, blacking the furniture and floor plate, etc.
The Lancaster finally returned home today and I couldn't be happier. Everything seems to work and be as it should. If this was any ordinary boxlock, it probably would've gone to the scrap heap, but being a self opener, number 1 of a pair, and just the uniqueness of being a Lancaster, I decided to drop some coin and give the gun a new lease on life..at least for the next 100 years or so ;-)

Last edited by LeFusil; 10/20/11 07:42 PM.