I do have boxes Brian, but I don't ship matched pairs of guns, or any high grade gun for that matter, in cardboard boxes. I ship them in a hard case.

I have now offered to make Mr. Vella completely whole for the $50 he is out of pocket to make his case perfect, still waiting for his response.

I have admitted several times I should not have set the case via CA. Seemed like a good idea at the time. I was in a pinch and I figured UPS is going to ship this thing from one depot to another, what's another stop on the way? It's not as if it were a brand new case. It was a used case whose purpose was to ship guns around. I didn't try to conceal this from Mr. Vella, and I could have and just blamed everything on UPS. I believe I did the right thing offering to credit Mr. Vella at the time for the additional week delay. He refused and it was clear from his tone that he wasn't going to work in good faith on this matter.

But I never bought the damage story and I still don't. A picture or two would have helped resolve this months ago. However, I am still waiting for Mr. Vella's pictures of the damaged lining.

I'll say this to the many folks who say "refund everything he paid including his customs duty and let him keep the case". Maybe folks who put fat markups on everything can afford this kind of gesture (like Orvis, as another poster noted). I can't. If I did, my other customers would end up subsidizing a couple of CFHs. That's not right.

Last edited by doublegunhq; 02/10/07 06:55 PM.

doublegunhq.com
Fine English, American and German Double Shotguns and Rifles