1. I've seen Model A's with original pointed diamonds before, usually on guns made in the early 1900's.

2.1 I've never seen a Model A shotgun (rifles are a different story) with a POW stock, got a picture?
2.2 The wood seems appropriate, and no, not all Model A's had "exhibition" quality wood.
2.3 The trigger guard tangs do seem rather short, thats not to say they weren't ordered that way. Most all succesful English gun makers were like Burger King...you could have it your way.

3. When the Model A was being made at 151 New Bond St. The original Mr. Lancaster was dead, H.A.A. Thorn was using his name and they were no longer in the barrel making business. Even though the barrels on Thorns guns still carried the prestigous "CL" mark, the barrels were most certainly outsourced. Thomas Kilby would be more likely to have been a direct competitor with the original barrel maker Charles Lancaster. Sir Whitworth was much later (patented his process in 1874) and was never in "competition" with the original Charles Lancaster (barrel maker). When this pair was said to be made, in the early 20th century, Sir Whitworths FS most certainly would've been an option.

4. Don't know about the different colors of Baize used in Lancaster cases. I've seen green, blue and red. Very insignificant IMO.

5. What Lancasters have you owned or do you currently own? Can you post pics of them please?

Dustin