Not too long ago I bought a "sporterized" mauser rifle off the internet. The owner had it posted for a while without any interest. He sent me pictures and it had the Oberndorf stamp on the side rail.I thought I might make a custom rifle out of it so I picked it up for $175 shipped. Found out later it is an "Army Hunting Rifle" model sporting rifle in 9x57 that the guys on the Nito Express website valued at $3500. Another is the Remington 721 in 300 H&H I bought at an auction that was stored so heavily in grease the bolt stop wouldn't return. Everytime someone picked it up the bolt would fall out. $75 for that one and once the grease was removed it was in excellent shape. Then I bought the box with the .300 dies, a couple of boxes of shells, and brass for $20. Oh yeah, the auctioneers called it a 30-06. I guess I was the only one to look at it closely. Same thing at a different auction, they called the heavily greased Springfield a 303 British. Original barrel with very good bore and made in 1918. A whole $65 for that one. A hundred guys and nobody recognized or cared it was a Springfield. Only in Canada, eh. I hardly ever sell or trade anything so all are still with me.

Last edited by Northern Bob; 02/05/12 03:25 PM.