Originally Posted By: Mr W martin
re the army and navy shown above,i have always understood the top extension style on the above gun is known as a spade extension,as opposed to a dolls head,which is round.(circular)
that is the terminology around my gun circle,but we could of course be wrong!

I'm no expert. Doll's head is the only term I have heard used. My gunsmiths have called it that, including Nick Makinson who has the gun right now. Spade extension is more accurately descriptive. Perhaps I'll change my ways.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia