Jent,

I know Grant Rosser, shot against him last fall at the Southern S x S Fall Classic at Georgetown. But, we will have to respectfully disagree, I guess. Of course, it's tough to beat being born with a gift of superior eye-hand coordination, but I'll take a less gifted man with tons of determination any day.

I'm 60 years old, and have been struggling hard to improve my clay shooting skills for 10-12 years now. I don't have the gift, but I am determined, and if you'll check the results of last years' Fall classic you'll see that the old man held his own pretty good against Grant. I hope we meet up again, maybe next month at Sanford. I love competing with the old guns!!!

Jon Truitt is another very skilled vintage sporting clays shooter, and a gentleman to boot. I was honored to shoot against them both.

SRH

P.S. Ever seen a natural born shooter win the Olympic Gold with just a gift? No, a young person with a great desire to win, and good eye-hand coordination, practices for years, shooting hundreds of thousands of rounds under coaching, attempting to perfect his/her skill. THEN, they win.

Last edited by Stan; 03/19/12 11:05 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.