Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Originally Posted By: canvasback
King, as an avid turkey hunter I can tell you a 20 lb bird doesn't "disappear in a cluster of dust", regardless of what legal shotgun you are using. I highly recommend it. Tons of fun.

Originally Posted By: King Brown
That's the way! Always wondered why turkeys were taken with cascades of shot, couldn't see the sport in it. Calling, using fieldcraft, bringing them in must be exciting but watching them disappear in a cluster of dust---please god, not for me.

-- In MI only shotguns 10 through 20 gauge with No.4 to 7 & 1/2 shot size are legal. You can use coppered loads, so far the PETA A-holers haven't tried to get non-toxic mandatory as they have for snipes, dove, woodcocks, etc elsewhere. But a fellow high velocity accuracy up-da-ying-yang woodchuck "duster" tried this with his custom .22-250 Leupold scoped "dinger"- the same combo that has decimated prairie dog villages out in SD-- he went to a commercial turkey farm and bought a big domestic Tom- had it leg tied, took it out to a 200 yard marked range, had it well anchored, and drilled it right in the chest with a Hornady Moly-Tipped handload-- Holy Schmidt- that bird "exploded"- feathers, bone, guts and poop in a 360 degree spread- spectacular indeed- the bird died like it was hit by lightning-- now extrapolate that to maybe 75 yards instead of 200-- Mama Mia!!

If he was any kind of rifleman he would have taken a head shot.