Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Originally Posted By: 2holer
Ergonomics,ergonomics (what ever that means).

12 ga barrels....too fat

20 ga barrels....to skinny

16 ga barrels....juuust right on a double; svelt cool
Oh Ja! Now we be draggin' Da Swedes into this fray, eh-- Svelt-- Swan (read MI John Traver's "Danny and the Boys") as "Da Yoop has Swedes uppa da ying-yang.

If my 12 side-by-sides (some "mike at .730" NOT .729- thank you very much) are " too fat"then what is the Lindner Daly 10 bore with 32" Krupp krautski steel barrels come in at--Roseanne Barr- Ophra Winfrey-- Aretha Franklin-- Now you slap one of dem dead beavers and their piece of wooden tail onto a nice Crown Smith 12- and Ja- too bulky indeed. But not the barrels per se. I would rather have a .729 or even a .730 NBD to work with and vary the load it shoots to the game- You want a superb quail gun? You take your nice BHE Parker 16, even on a size O frame with 28" barrels-- I'll take a Woodward or a Churchill or a Boss Limey 12 with 28 inch barrels also, 2.5" chambers and proofed for 1 & 1/8 oz. loads and throw waaay more efficient patterns- assuming the same choke constrictions, shot size and ounce load and distance as your 16 bore--and have a gun that weighs about the same. Same as API pressure and flow characteristics in a pipe- the larger the ID (and with proportional schedule or wall thickness) the more efficient the delivery- and shotty gun barrels are a form of pipes, are they not??

And when did you go off your meds?

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)