Originally Posted By: Chuck H

Between '65 and '68, I was a kid on Yokota AB. We would occasionally take a family trip to Atsugi and Yokohama for their PX. Atsugi was where we settled on shopping for the bigger ticket items like bicycles and cameras. (big for a NCO with 4 kids). I believe movies were free on Atsugi compared to the high price of 15 cents on the Air Bases. Funny...40 some years later, I'm working with two guys raised on/around Atsugi.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Doug.

Regards
Chuck

Chuck, I'm glad it brought back some fond memories for you, me too.......Many wonderful and fine people in Japan, I made many friends. Some even visited me in the U.S. over the years.

The Atsugi U.S. Naval Air Station is now a joint Japanese/U.S. Airbase called Naval Air Facility Atsugi I believe. Lot's of things have changed, as you pointed out. The open land is nearly all gone now. After the war I again visited Japan many times for over 20 years from the 70's up through the late 90's and watched Japan flourish and grow. I especially like the people and the areas surrounding Sasebo.

Best,

Doug