Mr. Maloney:

First things first.

I never suggested "US Gun Owner vs US Govt". In the "Second Amendment Scenario" I posited, it would be mass warfare - literally hundreds of thousands of people in arms against a delegitimized tyrannical, non-Constitutional government. This would not be a few gun clubs fending off black helicopters. Again, as I said, the scenario and the response are both unlikely, but that is what the Founding Fathers envisioned. If you have a dispute with that, I am sorry. You will have to take it up with them.

Second, in my reference to the Slovenes and Croats, I believe I was quite clear, but perhaps I was not. I try to write succinctly, but sometimes I fail. If I was not clear, please forgive me for the obscurity -

I merely pointed out that light infantry of militia-type model had been sucessful in battle against an organized regular army. The cost was significant.

That is all I said.

Are you suggesting that the analogy is not good simply because there were cultural issues involved?

The Jews of the Warsaw Ghetto did a pretty good job as well. So did the Hungarian republican forces in 1956. Unfortunately for the Hungarians and the Jews, there was no exterior support, and no mass support ( such as would be seen in a scenario envisioned by the Founding Fathers) and the OPFOR prevailed. The Afghan Mujahadeen performed pretty creditably against Soviet heavy forces too. Many of them armed with Lee-Enfields. ( Of the type that make Congressman Schumer uncomfortable, I might add. But Im sure you knew that so I digress)

I have cited historical , operational examples. There are others. Rather than spluttering at me that I must be wrong, why not provide me some counter-citations and we will discuss this like civilized gentlemen?

Regards

GKT

Texas Declaration of Independence 1836 -The Indictment against the dictatorship, Para.16:"It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments."