"For me its not just the shotgun. Its the history, the process, the nostalgia, the shooting of the gun.
Importantly, and this is where I may differ from others, it is the process of the restoration itself that I delight in.
Understanding a new trigger action, patent or engineering feat is as important as the shotgun itself. I relish in learning something new whether it be a new type of action, mechanism or whether it be a new way to restore something. For sure for me its the doing.
I often smile at things I see and I enjoy the challenge of repairing something that is broken. Ive made several top springs for several guns. Some may think that to be a horrid excersise left to those that are pay by the hour to do such work but I love it. This is just it. I guess I sometimes over-engineer my restoration work because I love it so much.

I take much too long in restoring guns and could never make a living from it. But my guns are not for this purpose, they are for me to enjoy restoring, shooting and passing down to my son who will cherish them and pass them onto his children.
My father restored these guns will be the biggest credit he can give me and I hope that one day he will be proud enough use them all." Tony Treadwell

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle