I belong to a number of forums which reflect my interests. Over the years I have built up mental images of many of the contributors, I have met some of them, I have corresponded privately with many and spoken on the phone with others. Ive never counted how many there are but I do count them all as friends. There is an anticipatory glow to each daily visit to the forum concerned which I very much look forward to, knowing there may be a little banter, but almost certainly some new, interesting information that will enhance my enjoyment of my interests.

Until he was taken from us, Tony was part of this and his posts were often the ones I turned to first. We corresponded briefly about the H Clarke he restored. However the gun that is most special for me is his Purdey bar-in-wood and which he was working on to the very end. Its special because I know young Will will value it all his life as a most precious gift, one which, every time he handles it, will remind him of his wonderful Pa.

I shall miss my regular intake of Tonys posts here, though not half as much as his family will miss their very special man. They are in my thoughts and prayers. For Tony, now at peace and free of pain, I wish you good shooting up there, I give thanks for your life and especially for the gifts you gave us on this forum.