I always feel that anything we say when something this tragic happens just isn't going to be anywhere near sufficient and will not bring any comfort to the grieving family. As usual, I was wrong.

I'm not going to be foolish and call Tony a friend of mine, the only contact I ever had with him was the exchange of a few private messages concerning patents and Lancaster mechanisms. With that said, just with the minimal communication we did have, he struck me as a fella I would've really have liked and enjoyed to get to know better. Tony is "that guy" who would stop on the side of the road and help out a complete stranger and treat them like family. Help you out, make sure you are ok and stay with you until help arrived. In this day and age...a rare and most admirable quality to possess.

Like everyone else here, I'll miss his post and helpful nature, but the thing I'll miss even more is his big heart. He sure brought alot to the table and set a pretty high standard in regards toughness in the face of adversity and especially "brotherly love". I think its safe to say that Mr. Treadwell was indeed a "good guy". :-)

Rest easy Tony.

Dustin

Last edited by LeFusil; 04/10/12 11:28 AM.